What Personal information do we collect from the visitors of our website, app or blog?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, personal information, information about your home or other details to help you with your experience.
However, you may view active listings on our Site and review the entire site's content without providing any personal information and without completing the registration.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, fill out a form, Use Live Chat or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries).
Our Principles to Data Protection
The approach of the Company to data protection is based on the following four key principles.
High level of privacy:
We do not share your data with any third parties without your consent.
We are transparent in our approach on how we deal, process and protect your personal data.
We take the most sophisticated approach in ensuring maximum and security of the personal data you entrust with us.
We take pride in being responsible while dealing and processing your personal data safely. In addition, all your personal data and accounting data will be stored in our secured Canada based servers. For more information on which Canada based servers we trust, please feel free to contact us.
How we collect Personal Data
In simpler terms, we collect your personal data when you visit our website or obtain one of our services. The manner in which we collect personal data can be detailed as follows:
When you visit or use some parts of our websites and/or services, we might ask you to provide certain personal data with us. For instance, we ask for your contact information when you register with us as a customer, sign up for a free trial, respond to an email offer, participate in community forums, join us on any social media platform, take part in any event or training, contact us through our website, phone or email or request support from us. You may choose not to share the personal data with us, in which case, you might not be able to use some parts of our websites or services.
Automatically Collected Information:
When you visit our website, we automatically collect some of your information such as your IP address and the type of your device. We also collect information when you navigate through our website and services, including which pages you visited and which links you clicked on. This information is vital to us as collecting such information makes us enabled to continuously work on to provide the best user experience for you such as by personalising the content you see.
Some of this information is collected using cookies and similar tracking technologies. Should you wish to find out more about the types of cookies we use, why, and how you may control them, please visit out cookie notice page.
Information from third parties :
While we collect the majority of the information directly from you, at times, we might need to collect personal data about you from other sources such as publicly available materials or trusted third parties such as our marketing and research partners. We use this information to supplement the personal data we already hold about you, in order to better inform, personalise and improve our services, and to validate the personal data you provide.
Where we collect personal data from other sources, we will only process it for the following purposes:
- To facilitate a contract with you; or
- Where we have legitimate interest to process the personal data and they are not overridden by your interests; or
- According to a legal obligation; or
- Where we have obtained your consent.
Please be informed that, if we are not able to collect your personal data, we may find it impossible to provide you with all our services, and resultantly, some functions and features on our websites may become unavailable to you.
Should you suspect that although not having a relationship with us, someone else has entered your personal data into our website or services, you will need to contact that person/ subscriber for any question you may have about your personal data (including where you want to access, correct, amend, or request that the user delete, your personal data).
How we use your data
Primarily, we use your personal data to operate our website and to provide you with the services you have requested in the best possible manner. In addition, we use your personal data to manage our relationship with you. Furthermore, we may also your personal data for the following purposes:
- For communication purposes: to provide you with information you have requested from us or information we are required to send to you, to carry out operational communications such as changes to our websites and services, security updates or assistance with using our websites and services, and for enabling marketing communications in accordance with your marketing preferences.
- For asking for feedback from you regarding your experience with our website and services.
- To support you with the resolution of technical support issues or other issues relating to the website or services, whether by email in-app support, website or otherwise.
- In an effort to enhance our website and services provided to you by tracking and monitoring your use of websites and services so that we can keep updating features of the website and services for you to have the best experience using our services and website.
How we can share your data
We may need to share your personal data with third parties under certain circumstances. These are: as required by a law enforcement agency, court order, regulators, government agencies or to our third party marketing agency, broker, agents, lenders.
We take the security of your personal information as a prime concern. We are committed to protecting your personal data and have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to make sure that happens.
The length of time we keep your personal data depends on what it is and whether we have an ongoing business need to retain it (for example, to provide you with a service you've requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
We'll retain your personal data for as long as we have a relationship with you and for a period of time afterwards where we have an ongoing business need to retain it, in accordance with our data retention policies and practices. Following that period, we'll make sure it's deleted or anonymised.
You have certain rights over your personal data as per law. When it comes to marketing communications, you can ask us not to send you these at any time – just follow the unsubscribe instructions contained in the marketing communication, or make your request from website of the Company.
In addition, you have rights to:
- know what personal data we hold about you, and to make sure it's correct and up to date;
- request a copy of your personal data, or ask us to restrict processing your personal data or delete it;
- object to our continued processing of your personal data.
You may exercise any of these rights by making requests from the website.
Should you feel that we need to improve certain aspects of how we deal with your personal data and information, please feel free to contact us and let us know. We will review and investigate your concern, and try to get back to you within a reasonable time frame. You can also complain to your local data protection authority. They will be able to advise you how to submit a complaint.
How to reach us
We're always keen to hear from you. If you're curious about what personal data we hold about you or you have a question or feedback for us on this notice, our websites or services, please get in touch.
We prefer to communicate with you by email – this ensures that you're put in contact with the right person, in the right location, and in accordance with any regulatory time frames.
Contact us from the click here